Adelaide’s Today Tonight TV Show aired a documentary entitled “WorkCover is Oppressive, duplicitous and Unjust”, again highlighting the corruption, deceit, tactics and wrongdoings experienced by a real workcover victim. A must watch for all those directly or indirectly affected by the workcover system. The Supreme Court says WorkCover is oppressive, duplicitous and unjust! [...]
Tag Archives | Fraud & Abuse
In an article in the Insurance Journal (2009), it was noted that the economic downturn has resulted in a rise in workers compensation fraud. According to a senior special agent for the National Insurance Crime Bureau, people stay out longer on claims and multiple body parts are reported in the same claim…. This of course [...]
Dr. Hershel Samuels, an orthopedic surgeon, put his hand on the worker’s back. “Mild spasm bilaterally,” he said softly. He pressed his fingers gingerly against the side of the man’s neck. “The left cervical is tender,” he said, “even to light palpation.” The worker, a driver for a plumbing company, told the doctor he had [...]
TONAWANDA, N.Y. — The sprawling DuPont plant along the Niagara River here can be a grim place, but less so on the days when the company hands out coupons to reward workers for a few weeks without injury.Called “safety bucks,” the coupons look like real money and can be redeemed at Red Lobster, Home Depot [...]
The hurt workers wait on benches at the Queens office of the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board.People like Hopeton Watkis, 64, a laborer, who lost two teeth when he fell and hit a wheelbarrow. Or Rajcoomar Jagan, 50, a construction worker, who injured a leg falling off a scaffold. Or Vicki Marquez, 32, a [...]
“News Tips” kindly sourced this very interesting article on The personal injury Law Journal about how the insurance industry uses the threat of fraud accusations as a way of keeping injured workers from pursuing their rights… WorkCover fraud How the [workcover] Insurance Industry Uses Fraud Accusations as a way of Keeping Injured Workers from Pursuing [...]
When a workcover insurance case manager from hell can cause a ‘causal link’ in the death of an injured worker all steps available by law should be taken to see that this person (and their manager and their company) is no longer–ever–allowed to take another life or cause the mental and/or psychological terror they caused [...]
An anonymous rehabilitation service provider clinician, who undertakes many injured workcover victims rehabilitation and vocational assessments on behalf of various workcover insurance agencies, has kindly (thank you!) shared her/his insights in dealing with workcover case managers via our “share a story” page. Here is his/her story about his/her experience in dealing with workcover case managers. [...]
Here is an extensive list of well known and reported workcover insurance companies’ violations and wrongdoings. Please feel free to add any more wrongdoings to the list! [source: personal emails from injured workcover victims, personal experience, multiple workcover related national and international websites]
Check this great acted Utube video out, it truly represents how workcover treats seriously injured workers; and although the video is targeted at the workers compensation system in Canada, our Australian workcover system does exactly the same thing! How workcover really treats injured workers The workcover system is nothing but a scam, they treat all [...]
Considering that injured workers experience nearly 4 times the rate of poverty; 1 in 5 seriously injured workers loses their home after injury; 1 in 5 seriously injured workers are on some sort of social assistance after injury; 1 in 5 seriously injured workers are living in extreme poverty post-injury ; there is 13 fold [...]
The injured worker’s own doctor must be able to manage care and be able to override caseworker cost containments! But nowadays, the primary injured worker’s GP or specialist is not in charge anymore of the patient. For example: [surgeon] ” if I see a low back pain patient, I am not allowed to send him/her [...]
If you have been injured at work and have made a claim, expect the workover insurance company to require you to see one of their doctors for examination. These doctor reviews are also called independent medical examinations This of itself is not a problem…in fact it is quite reasonable for the workcover insurer to have [...]
Workers compensation insurance companies will desperately try to rely on their so called “insurance doctors” and “expert witnesses”, best known as “hired guns” to disprove your injury or the extent of your injury. There are hired guns in a variety of medical specialties, but they appear to be most frequent, and most vicious, in psychiatry [...]
In 2004, the State of Oregon in the USA conducted an independent study and survey on Independent Medical Examinations, widely known as IMEs. The 271-page report is nothing short of a wholesale indictment of the exams and those who conduct them. “To be blunt, when an insurer or employer order an IME their objective is [...]
I just stumbled on this horror story, which was published in an American newspaper. Not that long ago there was a case of a fake psychologist (who also undertook independent medical examinations) here in Australia! A fake doctor undertook independent medical examinations for 10 years without a medical Degree! Mark Nepokroeff practiced medicine in Niagara [...]
- workcovervictim3: @Poppy - could you please let us know in what stat...
- R: hi Poppy, I completely understand how you are feel...
- Poppy: Hi... I am about to have my payments stopped becau...
- Xchangingvictim: @Pauline you know that there are NO honest profess...
- ithurts: The hits just keep on coming!...
- Pauline Pope: Whichever way you cut it, the Workover law works t...
- workcovervictim: There is also quite a bit of useful information ab...
- Carol M: Yes @ WCV you are correct. From my understanding I...
- Nemesia: Hi Kat, I’m sorry to hear about your experien...
- JO: If you are hurt at Work; Do not submit to an inter...
- workcovervictim3: Funny you mention Dr T - he is well known to some ...
- Pauline Pope: Thanks Will. I did a load of reading about PTSD wh...
- JO: When I saw an Insurance Company IME years ago for ...
- pugsley: Wow, that totally explains the nacissitic manager ...
- workcovervictim: @Carol M - thank you so so much for this invaluabl...
- NSW Court rules workcover amendments affecting lumpsums do not apply retrospectively April 29, 2013
- WorkCover NSW average premiums cut by 7.5 per cent May 9, 2013
- Workcover case managers listen to background noise when phoning injured workers – WTF May 8, 2013
- Faulty assumptions only adds insult to injured workers May 7, 2013
- Deed of release often used in settling workcover cases- what are they? April 29, 2013
- Government plan to make Comcare best practice model May 3, 2013
- Barry’s reform adds insult to the injured April 24, 2013
- Assault on injured workers – more evidence and concern S.I.A May 5, 2013
- Vic Premier Naphtine called building workers safety march a disgrace May 1, 2013
- Workcover compensation schemes impede recovery from injury April 28, 2013
- Recoveries of money under workcover April 27, 2013
- Employers incl RTW Coordinators are not allowed to attend doctors appointments April 26, 2013
- Is there such a thing as post traumatic growth? April 22, 2013
- Judge criticises law firm about rejection of more generous settlement offer April 30, 2013
- International Day of Mourning: remembering those injured workers who have died April 25, 2013
- When can weekly payments in Victoria be terminated May 21, 2013
- How are damages calculated May 20, 2013
- How to spot chronic workplace bullies May 20, 2013
- Common law damages claim and duty of care of the employer May 19, 2013
- Federal Court ruled AAT required to explain why it preferred the IME’s evidence May 18, 2013
- Medical Panels must provide clear reasons – Supreme Court Vic May 17, 2013
- Workcover Certificates: Doctors must ensure they’re carefully worded May 17, 2013
- Injured worker denied recommended back surgery and at wit’s end May 16, 2013
- Change WorkCover. Give injured workers a fair go – Petition May 15, 2013
- Injured worker’s weekly pay cut off based on biased pain doctor’s report May 14, 2013
- Injured worker collapsed after “performance management” meeting – horror story May 14, 2013
- What if an injured worker resigns in the heat of the moment? May 13, 2013
- Workcover stress claims and reasonable administrative action May 13, 2013
- New proposed anti-bullying laws: changes to FairWork Act May 12, 2013
- No need for pain medication – workers compensation denied! May 12, 2013
This site is written by seriously injured workers and dedicated to the truth about what you the injured worker, will face in the workover system.
Social Club Victorian Injured workers – SIC
We let them do it to us without saying a word!
Why is this site so important?
Someday you or a loved one may be face to face with the WorkCover system and their Illegal activities, knowledge is your best defence. This site will help you navigate through the murky waters of the workers compensation system, and whilst my experience with workcover occurred in Victoria (Australia), I sincerely believe that it crosses all states and even borders with respect to the insane challenges and nightmares that a workplace injury can create
Follow @wcvictimsdiary on Twitter