Injured worker’s medical appointment is a private affair
Bosses (aka employers) are increasingly attending doctor appointments with sick or injured workers – and in some cases are trying to alter their medical certificates to get the sick/injured worker back to work sooner!
For those who still don’t know it, an injured/ill worker’s boss (employer) or anyone related to the employer, such as for example a return to work coordinator, is NOT allowed to attend your medical appointment.
Some related articles
- AMA President Opposes Employers accompanying Injured Workers into Medical Appointments
- Medical assessments and bosses – injured workers rights
- Bosses are intruding on workcover doctor’s visits
- Employers incl RTW Coordinators are not allowed to attend doctors appointments
- FW Ombudsman: employers have no right to attend employee medical visits
- Employer right to direct injured worker to undergo medical assessment
- Workers compensation and their snooping