I need help

Do you need help with your workcover claim? Do you have a question you need answered?


 If you need help or advise, this is the page where you can post your question(s).

If you’re stuck and need help with your workcover claim or have a particular question, please post your query here. Please ensure you mention the state you are located in, as the workcover laws vary from state to state.

Due to the large amount of email queries (questions re workers comp and workcover claim issues) we can not guarantee that we will be able to answer your email/queries personally. Please use this page (I need help) – below- to ask your questions, as our contributors and injured readers are often able to answer your questions or lead you in the right direction. You can use a nickname and an alias email to comment/ask questions, preserving your anonymity.

Remember that we are based in Victoria, and are most knowledgeable about the Victorian workcover system, however our interstate readers are often able to help injured workers from other states than Victoria.

For “peer-to-peer support”, you can post your questions here on this page (below in the comment section) where our Team and other injured workers may have advice for you or experience with your specific situation in your state.

We always like to hear the stories of all injured workers in Australia to help us compile anonymous, but factual, evidence from as injured workers about any abuses they have experienced by workers compensation systems across Australia.

How to post a question


Please also refer to our general website use page as well as to our Comment Policy as well as our Social Networking warning

To post a comment on a workcover victims diary you do not need to register or login or anything in order to post a question and you can post it entirely anonymously.

You can use the “comment” form under each post (article) to comment. To do so you will need to use a name (which can be anything fictitious such as “victim”, “newbie”, “I hate them”, whatever) and an email address. The email address can be entirely made up as well, should you prefer to remain anonymous (mind you, using your real email address is also safe, as it will NOT be published and your email will only be visible to the blog’s administrator), however, due to potential hacking or snooping, we suggest you use a fake email address at all times to comment (so that in the unlikely event of a successful hack your email address can not be stolen). A fictitious email address can be anything as long as there is a “@” in it and a ”com”; for example “nothing@whatever.com”; “fake@fake.com”.

Please bear in mind that our articles commenting automatically closes after 90 days – this is so as to avoid a sh*t load of spam/attempted spam (which we the need to manually remove from our databases). However should you wish to add a comment to an older article (older than 30 days), please contact us and consider it done!

Note: aworkcovervictimsdiary does not (or very rarely) insert comments on behalf of our readers – i.e comments on articles received via email.

Additional Resources

Search box and the Tags:


workcovervictimsdiary-search-tools(on the right hand side of the blog): our site contains over a thousand articles and chances are thataworkcovervictimsdiary-tags the information you are looking for is already on the site. You can use the search box (see image left) to type in a keyword(s) i.e. type in “IME” (see below – use our advanced search), or you can search the Categories. An easier way is to select the Tags.For example if you are looking for information about independent medical examinations, simply click on the tag “IME”, which will show you all the posts and articles about IMEs. (see image right).

You can also view our site’s content in the form of a Sitemap , showing our archives, for ease of reference.


Use our advanced search

search-aworkcovervictimsdiaryYou can type a keyword in to the search box (top right and bottom of side bar on page) and you will see a little wheel spin while the site is looking for all articles that contain the keyword. For example: I am looking for “impairment” articles and started typing “impairm” as my keyword; after a few seconds the articles come up automatically! (see picture on left)

Relevant workcover legislation in each state

Head on over to our section: Resource Centre in the  (top)menu, which contains a page titled “workcover legislations” where you can find all the workcover laws in every jurisdiction (state and territories).

Frequently asked questions

We have created pages and lists of FAQs, i.e. WorkSafe VIC FAQ, where you can find heaps of information.

Also see “who else can help”

If you’re stuck and need help with your workcover claim or have a particular question, please post your query here. Remember to please ensure you mention the state you are located in, as the workcover laws vary from state to state.

If you need help or advise, post your question(s) below in the comment section.


updated12 April 2015

2,565 Responses to “I need help”

  1. Hi Aaron,
    It is a normal process for them to send you to see an independent medical examiner, your doctors are your treating doctors and it is up to them to say if your fit to go back to work in any capacity.
    It is possible that your normal duties will be assessed to see if you are able to perform any part of those duties, or if there are lighter duties available that may suit you with your injury.
    They are not permitted to give you demeaning tasks, or expect you to sit around doing nothing.
    If your doctor is advising you require surgery then they cannot force you to return to work. Your doctors must agree that some work would benefit you not cause any further harm and give strict limitations on what you can or cannot do.
    This is part of the process, not necessarily bad.

    If you have further concerns you can seek advice from a lawyer, most give the first consultation free and may offer no win no fee.

    Good luck.

    Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  2. can i say no to having a return to work person to attend my treating gp appointment?

    Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

    • @azza, yes you have every right not to allow a RTW person attend any GP appointments now or in the future. Just ask the RTW person if they have any questions for your GP to pass it to you (written) and you’ll relay it to your GP for their response (these are things they don’t want to hear but they can’t force you to allow them in).

      In my case I had a RTW person ask me if they could attend my next GP appointment? I was like of course you can. The appointment date and time came, we sat outside the office and waited for my turn to be seen. When it was finely my turn, the doctor calls me, I stand up and so too does the RTW person. I then proceed to walk into the office and so too does this RTW person. I stop them in their tracks and politely say, I said you can attend my next GP appointment, but I didn’t say that you could come in.

      Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  3. I check out hundreds of reviews about this AR and also never ever obtained the answer
    I was looking for on whether it was reputable with numerous steel instance ammo.
    I began creating the lower without any strikes, but when it
    came time to punch down the trigger guard roll pin, I was wishing
    I had one. The kit features pre-cut pieces for the top as well as reduced receiver,
    mag well, pistol hold as well as picatinny rails.
    You likewise have plenty of choices when it concerns selecting a butt supply,
    trigger as well as many other AR-15 parts. Once again, we advise getting utilized to your iron views, supply muzzle gadget, and common furniture before
    jumping into upgrades. Regardless of where you landed on AR-15 ownership–
    whether you are seeking your first AR-15 or your 3rd– the 6 rifles on this list are worth thinking about.
    After-market parts and also adjustments are gone over, with an emphasis on what products
    function and also exactly what items wo n`t.

    Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  4. Comcare has sent me to 12 IMEs. Some of the resulting reports have no regard to my actual medical history and are in the realm of fiction. For starters, does anyone have experience with a couple of them:

    Dr Peter Stevenson
    Dr Antonella Ventura.


    Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  5. If they are sending you to MLCOA avoid that company like the plague. Where are you?

    Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

read-before-u-commentThis is a statement pointing you to our seriously injured but esteemed and honourable Social Networking Sites Warning and our comment policy. A must read in the context of a very adversarial workcover system! Remember to mention in which state you reside if you seek advice.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *