Share your workcover story and help us expose the workcover insurers for what they really are!
To see what other injured workers have shared click here
Comments or questions are welcome.
This is what some injured workcover victims have reported
- injured workers being told by their workcover insurance to ‘just work through the pain’
- discrimination against certain types of injuries such as chronic stress
- cruel and abusive psychological treatment of injured workers by workcover insurance case managers and employer
- false and under-rated diagnoses
- manipulation of facts, evidence, dates, medical words and expressions
- concealment of facts and evidence
- recurrent use of avoidance or distraction techniques
- multiple medical reports for the same visit/intervention
- excessive use of independent medical examinations (i.e. 5 per year)
- coverup of wrongdoing that caused physical harm
- putting intentional and inappropriate emphasis on the injured worker’s psychological status rather than addressing physical origins or causes of injuries
- inappropriate psychological profiling
- denigrating/vilifying the injured worker’s character
- workcoer insurance (though IME) falsely accusing the injured worker of having a family history of alcoholism, even when this is refuted by an independent psychiatrist’s report
- violations of trust leaving the injured worker feeling “emotionally raped”
- workcover case managers who disregard doctors and specialists who say the injured worker is unable to work – compensation, weekly payments and/or benefits are cut off anyway
- injured workers unable to eat properly and relying on food hampers, charity
- injured workers reporting that they feel they are “fighting for their life”
- workcover insuance refuses diagnostic tests such as MRI despite request of multiple specialists
What’s your story?