The following was posted via the Guest Section of our site:

I was a teacher and was injured at work when I tripped on a student.  I left work as my back was always crook and had a hard time sleeping because of the pain. I did not want to work with children being in pain and without any patience left.

we moved interstate so basically I am jobless as well as my hubby.  we went into Centrelink for job placement help but was informed by the caseworker that I cannot do it because I am having a WorkCover claim.  The problem was, WorkCover has never paid me anything since January and I was not even informed if I get any compensation. They called for my Centrelink pay from June to august  to be stopped and said  I owed money that WorkCover is paying. Centrelink informed me that they said I am owed money but my case worker said I am not entitled to any pay at all. these has been two months of no money coming in, it is getting more desperate for us. I don’t know where to ask for help?

One Response to “lost”

  1. you are entitled to provisional liability payments. Contact WIRO and SIRA.
    Its true that while you are on Workers Comp wages..any payments made by Centrelink must be repaid.

    Get a lawyer too.

read-before-u-commentThis is a statement pointing you to our seriously injured but esteemed and honourable Social Networking Sites Warning and our comment policy. A must read in the context of a very adversarial workcover system! Remember to mention in which state you reside if you seek advice.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *