The following Guest Post, submitted by ‘Mad Chef’ highlights that criminals get better (medical and like) treatment than injured workers…and that injured workers would actually be better off in prison.
Go On WorkCover, Treat me like a Criminal
Go on, treat me like a criminal
By Mad Chef
WorkCover is making an Ass of the Law
So WC – WorkCover- treats us like criminals. We all know it. Ever stopped to think how much better off you could be if they followed thru?? Go on, do it! Because…
If you locked me up WC – WorkCover- I would:
- be given proper and timely medical treatment (not fighting 12 months for more surgery)
- I would be assisted in my daily living (I am not)
- I would be able to eat 3 meals a day-every day (I can afford 2- unless I shoot my dog and eat his biscuits)
- I would be provided clothes that were not full of holes ( not even money for the op shop)
- I would have clean linen weekly (can’t cope doing this as I used too)
- I would have heating and cooling (I don’t!)
- I would have running water and a toilet next to me (I don’t but it’s only 50 mt away..up hill)
- I would be given resources to retrain- without a major battle to obtain these (Not from Allianz)
- I would have access to a gym, probably a physio, psych help (they’re trying to cut it AGAIN)
- I would be put into social activities (not isolated at home)
- I would have my medications paid for (no I can wait from months while they loose my paperwork AGAIN)
- I would be able to see a GP whenever I needed (back to begging for taxi rides to see GP, 120km trip)
- I would have access to support services when I was released (not dumped in the gutter when they cut you off)
At least being locked up in prison you can see the bars, its honest – better than being incarcerated in my home (caravan) due to my injuries and WorkCover F***ing me over every day -watching my life being flushed down the toilet by yet another SCM.
So I say to you WC, VWA, ACCS, who are the Real Criminals in all this?