According to the NSW Business Chamber, Kim Garling, the Workcover Independent Review Officer (WIRO), has (in Nov 2014) announced an inquiry under Section 27 (c) of the Workplace Injury management and Workers Compensation Act 1998.
WIRO – Inquiry of the WorkCover NSW act
WIRO – Parkes Review
Work Health and Safety
11 November 2014
Kim Garling, Workcover Independent Review Officer, has announced an inquiry under Section 27 (c) of the
Workplace Injury management and Workers Compensation Act 1998
Garling has stated that the objective of the inquiry is to:
- Consider the amalgamation of the Workers Compensation Acts (currently the Workers Compensation Act 1987
and Workplace Injury Management and Workers Compensation Act 1998)
- Address ambiguity in the Workers Compensation Acts and the Regulation
- Resolve conflicts in the legislation to align the Acts with current Government policy
- Reduce the complexity of the legislation
- Identify potential enhancements to the legislative framework to benefit all stakeholders
The NSWBC is participating in the review as part of the projects advisory committee and attended its first meeting on 19 December 2014. The review is scheduled to be completed in April 2015.
Source: NSWBC (NSW Business Chamber)
According to the Injured Workers Support Network (IWSN), Garling has agreed to allow the IWSN a representative on the advisory committee for this inquiry (Parkes Project).
This post has been seen 898 times.