Unfortunately this injured worker’s story and plea for help is a common one for countless injured workers. Once on workers comp for an extended period of time a stigma is automatically attached and injured workers are often viewed as liabilities best avoided by too many employers….
Please please please help me – injured worker at wits end
The injured worker’s email:
I am on workcover for the last 19 months and now I am facing serious financial crisis and no one is there to help people like us.
Those who are responsible for my situation, nothing happened to them, I am a victim who is even more victimised by both the system and by few …….
No one is ready to see or understand what had happened and the moment they come to know about my workcover, they start treating me like a criminal!
How can I save my family? My house is on sale on due to current market situation, I am not even getting to break even.
I think going on workcover is just like digging my own grave by my own hands!!
Some useful reading
- The nature and the consequences of stigma experienced by injured workers
- Secondary traumatisation of workcover victims
- Stigma of workers comp hinders job opportunities: He’s gone for 472 jobs and can’t get one
- Returning to work after work injury or illness – Vic Equal Opportunity & Human Rights Commission
- Workcover QLD – obtaining details of pre-existing injuries from prospective employees
This post has been seen 1165 times.