A few days ago, I posted “can I put a restraining order on my case manager“, and while the answer is YES, it doesn’t mean that your horrible workcover case manager will refrain from harassing and bullying you in a different way. In my case, we successfully put a “restraining order” on my case manager about 12 months ago – she was not allowed to contact me directly and all correspondence was to go through my solicitor and/or medical practitioner and direct contact with me was prohibited unless prior approval was granted.
Well, what can I say… Whilst this nutter of a workcover case manager ceased to phone me (up to 10 times per day), she soon found another way to make me sick by emailing me constantly and several times per day on my personal email address. This in-spite of having emailed her personally that she was not to contact me via email (all contact was to be via letter) and that all her emails would be deleted unread.
In a way it’s good she persisted on emailing, because the contents of her emails can now be used as evidence of her disrespectful, uncooperative, dishonest, incompetent, harassing, demeaning and obstructive behaviour. On the other hand she is making me sick and I start feeling nauseated just opening my personal email inbox.
Some specific examples of my case manager’s emails
- attempting to cease my psychology entitlements whilst I just had been referred to a psychiatrist (by my psychologist) for severe depression after I had been illegally sacked by my employer
- stating that “I did not need to see a psychologist or psychiatrist because I could talk to her (WTF!)
- ignoring the ACCS ruling entitling me to have as many psychology sessions as required (as per the Act) and in fact refusing to pay a psychology bill of over $700 (when confronted by the ACCS she stated that it ‘had been an oversight’
- sending me to a vocational assessment whilst certified unfit for all work by my GP, psychologist, orthopedic Surgeon, Psychiatrist and independent psychiatrist
- not providing me with a list of three choice service providers for occupational rehabilitation and making a direct appointment with her provider of choice
- overriding a previously approved special orthopedic brace – i.e. we received approval for a brace requested by my treating orthopedic surgeon, purchased it (very expensive) and then one month later received a letter that the brace was not approved – again when confronted my case manager simply said that ‘it was an oversight’
- ceasing my physiotherapy entitlements ‘because I am not improving” and failing to realise that when you cease physio on a severely damaged joint, the remaining muscles and tendons will also start deteriorating – which happened to me (for which I now have to undergo major surgery number 7).
- making me wait 28 days to write a 2 line approval letter to the radiology facility where I was to undergo an MRI (the radiology facility insisted on having an approval letter),whilst 1) the request for the MRI came from my treating specialist (no prior approval is needed for an MRI in that case) and 2) my GP had sent an urgent fax as a follow-up requesting PROMPT approval for the MRI as I was in a very bad shape
- when she was told that my injury had significantly deteriorated (MRI,report from surgeon and request for major surgery-approved by her!) she stated that “she was not interested in my physical condition, but only my psychiatric condition”
- my case manager – whilst aware of the severe deterioration of my injury (request for major surgery etc) sent me to a shrink for an independent assessment because she needed to assess ‘my ability to engage in rehab and return to work…’ (WTF?)
- my GP requested taxi transport as well as my orthopedic surgeon but whilst my case manager allowed 1 taxi travel (to an IME) she stated that I should not assume that this (taxi transport) would be ongoing…. as she first had to have me assessed psychiatrically and physically before making the decision whether or not I would be allowed to travel by taxi. WTF – given that she had spoken to my orthopedic surgeon and has all the clinical evidence on file, including recent MRIs, emergency x-rays, requests for major surgery and the explanation from my surgeon on what was going on with my injury
- why did I not tell her on the day that I had to go to the emergency department with a dislocated joint that I was going to the emergency department – WTF
- sending me to a physical IME because she needs an “objective assessment of my injury” (of course by an IME who has no expertise in the field of this type of injury) after ‘having spoken to my orthopedic super specialist”… Can you make sense of that?
- stating that there ‘is no reason why I could not drive my car’, whilst she had just received the emergency department x-rays (showing dislocated joint), MRI results and requests for major surgery… WTF?
Anyway, there are lots more examples… but just recalling them makes me fully sick. Is your workcover case manager also treating you like a criminal or a piece of s**t?
I have now instructed my solicitor to ‘deal with her’ and have her immediately replaced, for I will not tolerate this kind of treatment any longer. Life is hard enough as it is at the moment and I don’t see why I should be constantly insulted on top of it all.
[dictated post - apologies for spelling mistakes ]